Capego Årsoppgjør - Teknisk informasjon / Technical information
Capego Årsoppgjør consists of a client application and a cloud based data storage
The Capego client is a Microsoft ClickOnce application that requires minimal user interaction when installing. It does not require elevated or administrative permissions.
- The client is automatically installed in the user's Windows profile and provides a start-up icon on the user's Desktop.
- The download is approximately 500MB in size and the setup file can be found here: Download Capego client
- Capego automatically checks for new program versions on start-up and installs updates if available.
- Alternatively, it is possible to perform a single installation of Capego in a multi user environment (see below: Capego - Terminal Server Solution).
Operating system: Windows 10 or Windows 11 (Windows Server 2016 or newer)
- The operating system must be updated with the latest Windows updates
- 1GB of disk space per user profile (does not apply to Terminal Server Solution)
- Web browser: Microsoft Edge (Webview2)
- Minimum .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 (x86/x64) (Automatically installed if not already present)
- Norwegian date/time format on the user's Windows profile
Terminal Server Solution
This tool is a Windows Service that works in background mode.
- The purpose of this tool is to provide a way to install Capego application without ClickOnce technology limits. It uses an existing ClickOnce server side infrastructure and provides a client side implementation that is able to install the application in a custom folder.
- With this type of setup, in order to update Capego smoothly on a terminal server environment, no user should be running Capego at that time.
- Capego usually updates once or twice a month, with occasional hotfixes in between. There are two ways to handle Capego update, which customer IT can decide for themselves:
- Automate start/stop state of the service by using Task Scheduler on the machine hosting this solution. Example could be having it start nightly at midnight, and stopping it again at 1 am. This way, new Capego versions will be downloaded every night in case a new version has been published.
- Manually start the service during a service window (e.g. once every Saturday).
For more information and for downloading the updater service, see the "readme" description in the link: Download Capego Terminal Server Solution